Punctuation exercises with answers for SSC

Punctuation and Capitalization exercises  with answers in paragraph for SSC  Examination


01.
Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

dipu dont be so silly he will come soon said nipu we need not wait for him he failed his words said dipu how unkind you are said nipu

Answer:
"Dipu, don’t be so silly.He will come soon," said Nipu."We need not wait for him. He failed his words," said Dipu."How unkind you are!" said Nipu.

02.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

Hello i am rahim i am a student of class 10 of city govt high school i like sports i also like playing chess painting and reading books when im free

Answer:
Hello! I am Rahim. I am a student of class 10 of City Govt. High School.I like sports. I also like playing chess,painting and reading books when I'm free.


03.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

why dont you study attentively the teacher said to the boy you cannot do well in the exam if you dont study attentively be attentive in the class

Answer:
"Why don't you study attentively?" the teacher said to the boy."You cannot do well in the exam if you don’t study attentively.Be attentive in the class."

 Punctuation exercises with answers for SSC

04.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

i come from a village in the district of pabna it is about six miles east of pabna town and about one kilometer north from pabna sujanagar road

Answer:
I come from a village in the district of Pabna.It is about six miles east of Pabna town and about one kilometer north from Pabna-Sujanagar Road.

05. Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

i was born in a village near tangail a small river flows beside the village the villagers bathe in the river and catch fish how happy they are what they want is peace

Answer:
I was born in a village near Tangail.A small river flows beside the village.The villagers bathe in the river and catch fish. How happy they are!What they want is peace.

06.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

once upon a time there was a little boy called paulo one day he saw a beautiful bird in his garden the bird had a hind said to paulo take this bean and plant it in your garden

Answer:
Once upon a time, there was a little boy called Paulo. One day, he saw a beautiful bird in his garden. The bird had a bean in its claw. The bird said to Paulo, "Take this bean and plant it in your garden."

07.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

alexander the great was the king of macedonia he was the son of philip a mighty king of sparta he invaded india about 327 be on the way he defeated porus and marched towards the punjab

Answer:
Alexander the Great was the king of Macedonia. He was the son of Philip, a mighty king of Sparta. He invaded India about 327 BC. On the way, he defeated Porus and marched towards the Punjab.

08.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

once my mother said to me who came to you my friend rafiq mom she asked what did he want i said his mother is ill he needs some money i have given him five hundred taka my mother said nice

Answer:
Once my mother said to me, "Who came to you?" "My friend, Rafiq, mom." She asked, "What did he want?" I said, "His mother is ill. He needs some money. I have given him five hundred taka."  My mother said, "Nice."

09.Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

whats your name boy said the man im rahuli see said he are you alams friend yes sir where is he he himself told me to come here said the boy.

Answer:
"What's your name, boy?" said the man. "I'm Rahul." "I see," said he. "Are you Alam's friend?" "Yes, Sir." "Where is he?" "He himself told me to come here," said the boy.

10. Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text.

my mother said wont you go to school today i said mother i feel feverish today i dont want to go to school ok take rest at home said mother

Answer:
My mother said, "Won't you go to school today?" I said, "Mother, I feel feverish today. I don't want to go to school." "Ok. Take rest at home", said mother.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url